Terms and Conditions
1. Services and Acceptance of Terms
Advertising Excellence Limited (“ADEX”) acts in good faith in an advisory capacity as a media consultancy. This might involve recommending appropriate third parties to companies. ADEX will not be liable for the acts or omissions of third parties. All ADEX contracts are considered made at its offices at G4, Ash House Business Centre, Ash Road, New Ash Green, Kent, DA3 8JD. Acceptance of these terms and conditions may be effected by written confirmation (including by email or completed order form) from the Client to ADEX. Acceptance of these terms and conditions by email correspondence between the Client and ADEX will constitute a legally binding agreement between the Client and ADEX.
ADEX does not warrant or guarantee that the services will generate any particular level of campaign response or sales even where the media proposal may refer to the response levels that may be generated.
ADEX accepts a limitation of liability attributed to us due to any proven negligence on our part. This liability is limited to £500 for any one claim or series of claims. For the avoidance of doubt, ADEX does not accept liability for consequential loss. ADEX does not exclude a limit of liability in any way for death or personal injury caused by its negligence.
All reasonable efforts will be made by ADEX to fulfil its obligations, but should ADEX be prevented or delayed in carrying out any of their obligations by reason of an Act of God, war, global pandemic, lock-out, fire, flood, delays in transit, strikes, riots, postal delay or any other unexpected or exceptional causes or circumstances beyond their control the time for delivery shall be extended until a reasonable time after the event preventing or interfering with the due performance of ADEX’s obligations has ceased, and in no circumstances is ADEX to be liable for any consequential loss or damage suffered by the Client as a result thereof. For clarity, ADEX will not be liable for any loss occasioned by the failure of an advertisement to appear from any cause whatsoever.
“Client” means a person, company, partnership or legal entity that enters into a contract with ADEX for the provision services subject to these terms and conditions;
“Client Personal Data” means all information and data (including texts, documents, drawings, diagrams, images or sounds, and social media content including WhatsApp messages) owned by, licensed to (other than by the Supplier) or relating to the Client and/or any of its customers, which is in each case generated by, supplied to, or is otherwise retained by, ADEX pursuant to or in connection with the this agreement;
“Data Protection Legislation” means all applicable law, from time to time, relating to the processing of personal data and privacy including (where applicable) the GDPR;
“GDPR” means the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament.
“ADEX” means Advertising Excellence Limited, company number 03508906, with a registered office at G4, Ash House Business Centre, Ash Road, New Ash Green, Kent, DA3 8JD.
“Confidential Information” means the media plan provided by ADEX, strategy provided by ADEX, competitor information or market analysis provided by ADEX, and price information supplied by ADEX in relation to media rates.
5. Personal Data
- 5.1 The Client acknowledges that it may from time to time require ADEX to collect personal data for marketing purposes (“Marketing Data”). The Client shall only use the Marketing Data in accordance with any informed consent and/or marketing preferences provided by the applicable data subject.
- 5.2 The Client shall indemnify and hold harmless ADEX against any costs (including legal costs), expenses, fines, penalties (including fines and penalties from a regulator) and losses arising from directly or indirectly from any breach of clause 5.1.
- 5.3 Without limiting the foregoing, the Client shall comply with Data Protection Legislation and ensure that any instructions it issues to ADEX, including the transfer itself, shall comply with Data Protection Legislation; and have sole responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and legality of Personal Data, and the means by which the Client acquired Personal Data and shall establish the legal basis for Processing under Data Protection Legislation.
- 5.4 Client warrants that the disclosure of Personal Data to ADEX is limited to what is necessary in order for ADEX to perform the Services; and that
- 5.5 such Personal Data is accurate and up-to-date at the time that it is provided to ADEX.
- 5.6 Client shall collect Personal Data in a manner compliant with Data Protection Legislation, including by
providing all notices and obtaining all consents as may be requested under Data Protection Legislation in order for ADEX to lawfully and fairly process Personal Data in connection with/arising out of the provision of the Services and as otherwise contemplated by the remainder of the Agreement; and
- 5.7 shall ensure compliance with the security measures; and shall
- 5.8 notify ADEX upon becoming aware that Personal Data has become inaccurate or out of date.
All attempts will be made to deliver the services in full on or before the completion date agreed by both parties but time shall not be of the essence. ADEX cannot be held accountable for technical difficulties out of our control nor can we assist with technical problems beyond the range of services we offer. In the event of any complications all reasonable endeavours will be made to ensure that the contract is delivered in full and on time.
7. Cancellation and Amendments
Amendments and cancellations must be made in writing. A requested amendment may result in an increase in the cost and time required to complete the project and therefore an increase in price. Any price increases will be notified to you. Cancellations of contracted work may result in a charge to you for costs incurred by ADEX in the delivery of the services, whether or not those costs have already been paid.
- 7.1. Under exceptional circumstances, ADEX reserves the right to cancel any commitment with you, without any obligation on its part, should:
- 7.2. There be any occurrence beyond the reasonable control of ADEX, which will prevent us from performing our duties.
- 7.3. If ADEX reasonably believes there is a prospect of reputational or financial damage to its business and/or that of its associated companies and suppliers.
- 7.4. If the client or third party has an unsettled account or dispute with ADEX.
- 7.5. If ADEX becomes aware of changes in the client’s financial situation.
- 7.6. If the client fails to comply with these terms and conditions.
Material produced by ADEX is the result of creative skill and significant labour and the copyright of the work rests with ADEX in perpetuity. At all times, ADEX retains the moral rights to be identified as the creator of any promotional content. Permission must be sought before any material can be copied; adapted; issued; distorted; rented; lent; presented to the public or broadcast. Infringement of copyright is a criminal offence.
While ADEX will take reasonable care of any material supplied by the Client whilst in ADEX’s custody, ADEX shall not be liable for loss or damage of material in transit or whilst with any third party.
- 9.1. Invoices are sent upon confirmation of media bookings. Payment must be made by BACS transfer within seven (7) days of booking unless a credit account has been agreed in advance.
- 9.2. Invoices are strictly net at the price agreed and exclusive of applicable VAT or other direct sales taxes and payable without deduction.
- 9.3. In the event that ADEX’s stated payment terms are not met, the entitlement of the Client to any discounts applied to the Client’s original booking(s) is forfeit, and the price for the advertisement insertions will default to that published on the current ratecard at the time of booking. In the event of late payment (i.e. payment outside of ADEX’s agreed payment terms), ADEX reserves the right to claim for payment in full from the Advertiser as per the current published ratecard and reserves the right to charge statutory interest on that amount. Statutory interest is calculated at the rate of 8% per annum above the Bank of England’s base rate, and is calculated daily. If ADEX exercises its right to charge statutory interest, it is calculated from the day after due date until payment is received by ADEX, and before as well as after judgement if applicable. ADEX’s invoice for interest charges shall be final and binding upon the Client. All debt recovery, administration, interest payments and court costs incurred will be added to the sum owed by the Client.
- 9.4. ADEX, although it will act as an intermediary, cannot be held financially accountable for the acts or omissions of its clients or third parties.
- 9.5. In the event that the Client enters into liquidation (whether compulsory or voluntary); company administration; or is placed into receivership; or comes to any arrangement with its creditors, whether formal or informal; or becomes unable to pay its liabilities as and when they fall due; or is presented with a valid winding-up petition by the court; or is subject to a successful winding-up petition by the court, those in control of the Client at the time (i.e. directors/partners/owners for, respectively, a limited company/partnership/sole trader), warrant that all outstanding debts will be paid to ADEX, and undertake to fulfil the payment liability personally, on a joint and several basis.
10. Confidential Information
The Client and ADEX agree to a binding non-disclosure agreement regarding the Confidential Information. The Confidential Information disclosed by ADEX to the Client does not give the Client or any other person or entity any licence or other right in respect of any Confidential Information. The Client acknowledges that any breach of confidentiality set out under this clause has the potential to damage ADEX yet that damages are not an adequate compensation for any breach. Accordingly, ADEX shall be entitled to seek the remedies of injunction, specific performance or other equitable relief for any threatened or actual breach of this clause and reserves all rights.
In the event that an exclusive arrangement is agreed between the Client and ADEX for ADEX to act as the Client’s sole media buyer across any or all channels as per the terms agreed in an exchange of communication, this will be for a 12-month contractual period. This contract will renew automatically on the anniversary of the commencement of the contract for a further twelve (12) months. The Client may give three months’ notice under the contract at any time, which will commence at the end of the 12-month commitment. All monies owed must be settled on termination.
12. English Law
These terms and conditions and any dispute arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
13. Data Protection
For the purposes of this clause 14, “data controller”, “data processor”, “data subject”, “personal data”, “processing”, and “appropriate technical and organisational measures” have the meanings ascribed to them in Data Protection Legislation.
Data controller and Data processor
(i) Both parties will comply with their obligations under the Data Protection Legislation, in the case of Client, as data controller and, in the case of ADEX, as data processor. In particular, ADEX undertakes to:
a) abide by, and procure that its employees, representatives, subcontractors and agents abide by, the Data Protection Legislation; and
b) provide reasonable assistance to Client in complying with their respective obligations under Data Protection Legislation in relation to the performance of any services provided by ADEX to the Client.
(ii) Without limiting the foregoing, ADEX shall:
a) act only in accordance with Client’s (or the relevant Client Affiliate’s) written instructions with regard to the processing of Client Personal Data. If ADEX is required to process Client Personal Data for any other purpose by applicable law, ADEX shall inform Client of this legal requirement, to the extent permitted to do so by the applicable law;
b) maintain written records of data processing activities to include all categories of personal data processing activities carried out on behalf of the Client containing the information prescribed in relation to data processors GDPR, provided that this obligation shall only apply with effect from the date that the GDPR is entered into force (and provided that Client shall provide ADEX with all relevant information about the personal data that it requires ADEX to process data pursuant to services provided to its clients and to enable ADEX to maintain such records;
c) not transfer such Client Personal Data and information to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) without Client’s (or the relevant Client Affiliate’s) express written consent;
d) ensure appropriate technical and organisational measures are in place to safeguard against any unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental, alteration, or disclosure of Client Personal Data
e) immediately notify Client in the event that it receives a request or notice from a data subject exercising his/her rights under the Data Protection Legislation for Client to resolve and to assist the Client promptly with all requests and notices which may be received from data subjects. This includes, upon the applicable Client entity’s written request and to the extent permitted by the Data Protection Legislation, where the applicable Client entity cannot itself access such data, promptly providing at no charge such entity with such copies of any Client Personal Data in the possession or control of ADEX which are requested by that Client entity (in the format and medium reasonably required by that entity);
f) shall promptly carry out any request from a Client requiring ADEX to amend, transfer, lock or delete any of Client Personal Data in the possession or control of ADEX;
g) on the expiry or termination of the services, immediately cease to use Client Personal Data and shall arrange for its safe return or destruction as notified by Client in writing at the relevant time;
h) promptly notify Client upon receiving any notice or communication from any data protection supervisory or government body, including the Office of the Information Commissioner, which relates directly or indirectly to the processing of the personal data, for Client to resolve; and
i) if any Client Personal Data in the possession or control of ADEX becomes lost, corrupted, destroyed, altered or rendered unusable for any reason, immediately (but, in any event, thirty six (36) hours of becoming aware) notify Client of any and all circumstances having led to such incident, as Client or any data protection supervisory or government body, including the Information Commissioner’s Office, may reasonably require to comply with its security breach obligations under the Data Protection Legislation.